CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Making a Difference

Tears are puddling in my eyes as I attempt to compose this post.  Yesterday I had one of those priceless moments as a teacher.  My friend Debbie Maranto was there to witness it.  After the CCSS training meeting, I noticed a young teacher pass by and said, "I taught her" (or her twin sister)  I scurried out to speak to her. I asked her what her name was and told her who I was.  She began to cry and said, "Oh my God it is you!  You are the reason I became a teacher!" She began to recount memories from her kindergarten year with me and explained what an impact I had on her life.  Little did I know that 30 years later I would have the blessing of hearing that.

Teachers, I share that with you because we do hope that we are making a difference in what we do for students. We plant the seeds of hope, promise and potential. You are making a difference!

p.s. She is going to be teaching at SGE with me this next school year!  God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment